A few days ago, I was at a Sunni mosque in the greater Toronto area speaking with several of their leaders as part of an ongoing dialogue we have had for over six months. Suddenly, in the middle of the conversation, I understood on a whole new level why it is so dangerous to deny the connection between Islamism and terrorism. Continue reading “Why “Nothing to do with Islam” is so Dangerous”
Identity Politics vs. us Little People
A headline in the Toronto Star reads:
Ontario facing ‘epidemic of Islamophobia’ survey finds
The Star article asserts that we are “facing a wave of something sinister — Islamophobia”. According to the survey:
- Only a third of Ontarians have a positive impression of Islam
- More than half feel its mainstream doctrines promote violence
- 75% of Ontarians believe we need to prioritize people here
- 75% of Ontarians said they feel Muslim immigrants have fundamentally different values
Despite a generally positive view of immigrants, 53 per cent of Ontarians said we should only allow immigrants from countries that have similar values to our own while 74 per cent said we need to be more strict about what kinds of immigrants we accept. – The Star
How bad ideas are causing death and suffering in the name of tolerance
Several recent news articles highlight just how deadly ignorance can be:
- An Alberta toddler died of meningitis due to the parent’s reliance on homeopathy
- Permanently disabled victim of faith healing Mormon parents
- Measles outbreak spreads because of anti-vaxxer fears
In all of these cases, routine and timely medical intervention would prevent tremendous suffering.
The Mississauga Living Arts Centre has cancelled an event scheduled by Hizb ut-Tahrir!
A DogmaWatch contributor spoke to CEO Gerry Townsend:
“We have decided to cancel that particular contract [Hizb ut-Tahrir]. As you know, it is very difficult for us to know what any purpose of any organization is or what their plans are. But because there has been a bit of publicity about this organization we thought it was an inappropriate use of our premises.”
It’s been a rough few weeks for Muslims of the Ahmadi community living in the West. On March 24, a 40-year-old Glasgow shopkeeper, Asad Shah, was murdered by Tanveer Ahmed claiming that he killed Shah because he “disrespected the messenger of Islam”.
This week, the same intolerant hatred that inspired Tanveer Ahmed is being retailed again in the UK and now here in Canada! Continue reading “Ahmadi Muslims Under Attack”
Every time Islamists attack, western leaders release their usual boiler-plate statements that fail to name the problem. They talk about “terrorists” in generic terms and how “our thoughts and prayers” are with the victims etc. To hell with the platitudes!
Here is how it should be done by enlightened leaders: Continue reading “Brussels: The Statement World Leaders Should Have Made”
How high does the death toll have to reach before Europe and the west realize that Islam is not inspiring peace among it’s most ardent adherents?
What happened in Brussels today has been “normal” in many countries in the mid-east and north Africa for years. Recent attacks (rarely covered in western media) include:
- Turkey, March 21: Islamic State bomber targeted Israelis, 3 murdered, 11 wounded
- Turkey, March 19: Islamic State suicide bombers murders 5
- Pakistan, March 17: 4 killed by suicide bomber
- Pakistan, March 16: 15 people are torn to shreds when Jihadis bomb a bus carrying commuters
- Nigeria, March 16: Boko Haram kills 22 in Mosque bombing
- Islamists Kill 500 Nigerian Christians over the past month
In the twisted Orwellian logic of government political correctness, the FBI has decided to attack the wrong people.
From political pulpits on the left, especially the Obama administration, we continue to hear the same tired rhetoric: that terrorism has absolutely nothing at all to do with Islam. On the right-wing, every Muslim is a terrorist.
Unfortunately, episodes like the San Bernardino Jihad attack Continue to remind us about just how far regressive leftists are willing to go to deny the obvious. Everything that needed to be known in order to predict this attack should have been clearly obvious to law-enforcement had they not been boxed in by a politically correct narrative that denies the linkage between Islamism and violent Jihad. The truth was out there: Continue reading “FBI vs. Apple: Weapons of Mass Confusion”
As previously reported on this blog, films on this subject, such as “Honor Diaries”, garner much hate mail by extremism apologists such as Sheema Khan who want to shut down any honest discussion about how Islam is being interpreted in the world today. The extremists know that accusations of so called “islamophobia” will silence the media.
More in the previous blog post: Honor Killing Film Shortlisted for Oscar
Meet Edmonton based radical Imam Shaban Sherif Mady:
- In a Feb. 16th sermon that echos the sentiments of ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, our Canadian Imam Mady is looking forward to the conquering of Rome, “the very heart of the Christian state”.