A few days ago, I was at a Sunni mosque in the greater Toronto area speaking with several of their leaders as part of an ongoing dialogue we have had for over six months. Suddenly, in the middle of the conversation, I understood on a whole new level why it is so dangerous to deny the connection between Islamism and terrorism. Continue reading “Why “Nothing to do with Islam” is so Dangerous”
Identity Politics vs. us Little People
A headline in the Toronto Star reads:
Ontario facing ‘epidemic of Islamophobia’ survey finds
The Star article asserts that we are “facing a wave of something sinister — Islamophobia”. According to the survey:
- Only a third of Ontarians have a positive impression of Islam
- More than half feel its mainstream doctrines promote violence
- 75% of Ontarians believe we need to prioritize people here
- 75% of Ontarians said they feel Muslim immigrants have fundamentally different values
Despite a generally positive view of immigrants, 53 per cent of Ontarians said we should only allow immigrants from countries that have similar values to our own while 74 per cent said we need to be more strict about what kinds of immigrants we accept. – The Star
Censorship is an impulse that no true totalitarian can resist. Re-branding censorship as curtailment of “hate speech” may give it a facade of legitimacy, but it is an attack on free speech nonetheless. Consider the latest overreaches happening in the most democratic of countries:
- A conversation last September (2015) between German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg was caught on a hot mic. Merkel pressed Zuckerberg to do something to suppress “anti-immigration” postings and Zuckerberg affirmed that they were working towards this.
- In January (2016) Facebook Germany launched the Orwellian sounding “Initiative for Civil Courage Online” with the mission: “To promote the civil courage displayed by organisations and grassroots activists carrying out valuable counterspeech work online.” By “counterspeech”, they mean to find and suppress free speech that contradicts the narrative of the political leadership.
How bad ideas are causing death and suffering in the name of tolerance
Several recent news articles highlight just how deadly ignorance can be:
- An Alberta toddler died of meningitis due to the parent’s reliance on homeopathy
- Permanently disabled victim of faith healing Mormon parents
- Measles outbreak spreads because of anti-vaxxer fears
In all of these cases, routine and timely medical intervention would prevent tremendous suffering.
Every time Islamists attack, western leaders release their usual boiler-plate statements that fail to name the problem. They talk about “terrorists” in generic terms and how “our thoughts and prayers” are with the victims etc. To hell with the platitudes!
Here is how it should be done by enlightened leaders: Continue reading “Brussels: The Statement World Leaders Should Have Made”
In the twisted Orwellian logic of government political correctness, the FBI has decided to attack the wrong people.
From political pulpits on the left, especially the Obama administration, we continue to hear the same tired rhetoric: that terrorism has absolutely nothing at all to do with Islam. On the right-wing, every Muslim is a terrorist.
Unfortunately, episodes like the San Bernardino Jihad attack Continue to remind us about just how far regressive leftists are willing to go to deny the obvious. Everything that needed to be known in order to predict this attack should have been clearly obvious to law-enforcement had they not been boxed in by a politically correct narrative that denies the linkage between Islamism and violent Jihad. The truth was out there: Continue reading “FBI vs. Apple: Weapons of Mass Confusion”
Meet Edmonton based radical Imam Shaban Sherif Mady:
- In a Feb. 16th sermon that echos the sentiments of ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, our Canadian Imam Mady is looking forward to the conquering of Rome, “the very heart of the Christian state”.
These App developers have turned “state surveillance” upside down by crowd sourcing information about morality police patrols in Iran so that women can avoid being harassed by these thugs.
These patrols exist because the Islamic State of Iran believes that immodestly dressed women pose a threat to social order and must be reigned in. Now that’s a rape culture!
The morality Police in action in Iran:
This also happens in Saudi Arabia.
Meanwhile, the Trudeau government is sucking up to the Iranian and Saudi regimes:
More on the App at:
- The Islamic Society of Baltimore adheres to an extreme literal interpretation of the Quran and enforce gender segregation
- Obama cherry picked quote from Hadith Sahih Muslim book 20, no. 4546 which calls for loyalty to the caliphate and beheading
How basic human rights are sacrificed for intolerant cultural/religious belief
Canadian society has evolved to break down many of the arbitrary barriers that previously excluded women and various minorities from fully participating in commerce and the democratic process. However, what happens when there is a clash of “accommodation”? For example: an ultra-orthodox Jewish man who refuses to be seated next to a woman on an airplane.